I got a Pantene Ultimate 10 package (shampoo, conditioner, BB creme) and as happy as I am that I even got it, I was disappointed with the performance (bummer since I love P&G products and Pantene is usually better than this).
|Before Using Pantene|
|After Using Pantene|
I brushed my hair so it was tangle free before using the products (I didn't know they came yet, so I couldn't test out detangling, which may be a good thing as my hair probably would've been worse). So I brushed my hair and it was nice and tangle free, which is how I knew the shampoo & conditioner did something unnerving. I read a review before that this happened to someone else but I dismissed it.
Yes this has only happened to me one other time, when I used that Clear shampoo & conditioner when it first came out. So I was quite irked when it happened with Pantene (it has never, ever done this to me before, in fact other than the Clear products, and the Aussie shampoo, I have never had something do this to me).
After using the shampoo & conditioner I lost about a handful of hair in the shower, which I tried to dismiss.
Then after brushing my hair, I lost ANOTHER handful. So that's when I knew I will not be giving this product a 2nd chance.
The shampoo was very foamy and didn't feel like it was helping smooth my hair. There's not much to say about it other than it dried my hair out a bit.
Let's go down the list Pantene claims its products can do:
1. Repair rough hair - My hair wasn't rough before, but this caused it to become rough and dry so, No?
2. Strength against damage - I don't think I would know that. But I do know it caused damage (hair loss)
3. Silky Softness - No silky softness, believe I know silky softness (my current conditioner does it right)
4. Brilliant Shine - No brilliant shine here
5. Smoothing - No it felt rough and dried out, it only got better after brushing it out.
6. Moisture - It felt like it sucked all the moisture out of my hair, it did not add to it.
7. Frizz Control - I...am not sure. It was more tame after I brushed it out.
8. Tamed Fly-Aways - Still had fly-aways, probably because it was drying.
9. Manageability - It was a spiral of dry hair, so I suppose so?
10. Detangling - I brushed my hair before washing so I do not know if it is detangling, though I highly doubt it
In all honesty, I have no idea if this did anything. But it did help make my hair a bit softer after the not so successful shampoo&conditioner, and have a bit of shine to it. It did not tame the fly-aways on the top of my head. I do think this was the most successful product of them all however.
This is a picture of after I used the BB creme
For me Pantene Ultimate 10 is a throw away. The shampoo & conditioner is a D, and the BB creme is a B-
Remember this is just my experience, these products could be a great fit for your hair.
*I received these products free from BzzAgent