Saturday, April 16, 2016

HYDRAFORCE Creme


I tested Lise Watier's Hydraforce creme for two weeks on my hands, and on my face.

The creme came with a cute tiny device with angel wings to plug into my device (I chose ipod).

Before applying the creme I checked my moisture level in their Hydra-detect app. I chose the cheek option and pressed the wings to my right cheek receiving 32%. I checked my hand next and it came at 26%.
After applying the creme for a week I checked my cheek moisture level and  it came at 37.4%.
My hand moisture level on the right came at  31.5% , and the left at  31.1% .
Not sure how accurate the app is because it constantly changes. And once I clicked T-Zone (accident) and used the device on my hand and got 37%. However when I went to the correct tab and re-tested it went to 27%. And when I re-re-tested it went to 31.1%. So take the app results lightly, and don't worry too much if it says your moisture level is low.


Hands: I wash my hands a lot, so they end up dry and red even before winter. Having eczema on my hands is no help, and I was worried this creme would aggravate it. After using the creme every morning and night for the past two weeks, I am starting to see little eczema bumps form. Eczema is tricky, it can flare from washing too much/lack of moisture, or fragrance, or diet. This creme has a light fragrance to it, so if you have a skin condition like me, it would be best to avoid this creme.

However if you do not, then lucky you! This made my painful, chapped hands, super soft and smooth, you can't tell I had any problems (especially on my palms by my thumbs). I love this creme for my hands, but I will have to give it up because of my eczema starting to flare. I will use this creme again when my hands get chapped, to finish it off, but I will not buy it in the future.

Face: I only did patch tests for a week using the creme since my face is sensitive to products and there wasn't a list of ingredients in the package.
My face felt dewy and super soft ... until I broke out. My forehead developed a clutter of tiny pimples, while my cheek had bigger spacious acne. So my advice is do a patch test if you have acne prone skin. I wish I could've continued using this lovely moisturizer on my face, but I expected it to happen because of the light fragrance.
If you don't have acne prone skin or a sensitivity to fragrance, then this will help combat your dry skin during winter.

Overall:  If it didn't cause me to break out, this would be my new face moisturizer. And if it didn't cause the eczema on my hands to flare, this would be the best hand moisturizer for me to have. It never caused any other unsightly effects (no rashes -other than the beginning of my flare up; and no redness or puffiness), and it's hydration was a 5/5, but it isn't for me.

Ingredients: (Copied from Lise Watier website)

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetyl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Stem Extract, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Leaf Cell Extract, Squalane, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Sorbitan Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Peg-8, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium Edta, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chlorphenesin, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Geraniol, Citronellol.
 The skin experts at Lise Watier discovered that extracts from this algae (also known as Laminaria saccharina) help reinforce the skin’s protective barrier and prevent water loss.

*I received this item free from The Glam Sense Review Team & Topbox.ca
 #Getinthebubble with Lise Watier HydraForce Hydra-Protective Comforting Creme.

No comments:

Post a Comment